Sunday 25 January 2015

THEORY

Although I have decided not to pursue the true designing of my pulsejet, I have studied the relevant fluid dynamics and thermodynamics to further my own personal understanding and knowledge of how they function. This will also allow me to possibly verify the design I'm using against some of the simple mathematics and rules of thumb that have been developed.

The further reading I have undertook include 'Heat Engines' F.Metcalfe and various online information about the ideal gas law, Avagrado's hypothesis etc.

This will also hopefully be useful for the EPQ presentation to help me provide me a better basic scientific grounding of their functioning to explain.

Here's some compiled notes from The Enthusiasts Guide (1) showing how some of the dimensions are related and why they need to be:


No comments:

Post a Comment