Friday 30 January 2015

PAPER MOCKUP

I found when trying to print the templates that they were bigger than A3 which is the limit of my printer; I tried finding a way of tiling together A3 sheets to make a larger template but AutoCAD makes this very difficult to do. Instead I took the files to Staples in PDF form for them to print to scale on A1 for like £2 a sheet.
I thought that just to verify my templates and give me an idea of what sort of size the engine will be, I made a paper mock-up of the using the actual templates:




This confirms the templates fit together; I will need to do a test run on the actual sheet metal to ensure they still work including the thickness of the metal; if not I will need to remake some suitable templates and re-test them; this is shown on yellow on the schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment