Thursday 29 January 2015

FUEL ROD

From looking at the dates I'm surrounding my schedule on, I have found that I have paid little attention to how I will make the fuel rod; due to the timings of when school closes for half term, if I want to use any of the schools resources (ie. pillar drill) I will need to have it made by the 13th of Feb; I need to decide this imminently.
From a quick look at what other people have done the fuel rod is basically metal pipe with holes drilled in to disperse the fuel-Bruce Simpson tells to use a steel tube with roughly 8mm diameter with 1.5-2mm holes drilled in along it facing the walls of the tube (1.12). He suggests two places to mount it: the end of the intake tube or the cone connecting the intake to the combustion chamber. Colin Furze uses this system; a 15mm diameter tube with 3mm holes punched in along which he mounts at the beginning of the combustion chamber.

No comments:

Post a Comment