Thursday 20 November 2014

SHEET METAL SOURCING

All of the designs use the same mild steel construction from rolls sheet metal so even though I haven't decided on design I decided it would be appropriate and beneficial to start looking for suppliers of sheet metal. I've found many websites selling mild steel sheets which i will need. I approached the DT department in my school to see if they had any suppliers that I could possibly look at for sourcing these materials and acquired some names of suppliers they use-my thinking being they will be reputable and might have cheaper prices with them supplying to schools. However in doing so discovered that they had a collection of sheet mild steel at a suitable thickness (1.2mm) which was usable for my design and therefore purchased a few sheets at a brilliant price-regardless of whether I use these for the final product, they will be useful to practise techniques on nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment