Thursday 27 November 2014

DESIGN COMPARISONS

To compare designs I have created a set of specifications for evaluating the suitability of each design;

Feasibility-Is it realistically possible for me to manufacture/construct this design with my limited knowledge and restricted access to tools/machinery.
Accessibility-Is there enough information and knowledge available to allow me to design/build one.
Price-Is the price of the materials needed for the design within reason for this project.-Ideally no more than £100?
Popularity-Is the design popular amongst hobbyists? If it isn't there'll be a reason for it.
Time-Is it realistically possible for me to manufacture/construct this design in the time-scale.

I have picked these as they matter to me the most for the case of this project; i could've done thrust, efficiency, weight stc. depending on the purpose of this pulsejet.
I am going to score each of these categories out of 10 to help decide which is the superior design for this project.
The comparison is given below:

The Lockwood-Hiller has come out with the highest score. Although I would have liked to design my own pulsejet, I have decided that there is a lack of information regarding the designing of this type. I am therefore going to investigate existing designs modified for my own purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment