Saturday 21 February 2015

TACKED TOGETHER

I grinded a few parts of the straight seems down and re-welded them slightly better. I intended to get all the circumferences welded today completing the main body of the Pulsejet ready for filling the fuel rod to and setting up.
However, the weather was terrible.. I've said in my risk assessments that any substantial amounts of welding I intended to do should be done outside to minimise fire risk and improve ventilation. Wind also makes welding more difficult because it blows away the shield gas making the welds of worser quality. This meant I couldn't do much more than tack the pieces together. This has made me miss the deadline date set for completion of my artefact. However, I intend to get it finished next weekend and in evenings instead. This shouldn't postpone the project and EPQ by too much and I therefore believe this isn't a huge problem.

These are the pieces tacked together:

No comments:

Post a Comment