Thursday 9 October 2014

INITIAL STEPS

A quick google of 'Pulse Jet Engine' brings up what appears to be a wealth of knowledge on pulsejet engines and their designs. They appear to be popular among hobbyists and there's many forums created for people building their own to discuss things.
There are two types of pulsejet engine;valved and valveless. I am going to need to look into both of these and make a decision on which is more suitable for my purposes.
I found www.pulse-jets.com (20) and printed the report 'Inside the Pulsejet engine' by Fredrik Westberg (5) and 'Valveless Pulsejet Engines 1.5' by Bruno Ogorelec (7). This site also has an active forum which may be useful if I need to troubleshoot anything whilst building my pulsejet.
From reading these my initial thoughts are that building a valveless engine as opposed to valved might be the way to go due to simplicity. I will have to evaluate both types as part of choosing a design.
I also found 'www.interestingprojects.com' and Bruce Simpson's book 'An enthusiastics guide to Pulsejets' (1). From this I have also found his YouTube channel 'xjet' and his website on pulsejets; he seems to have done a fair amount of research and work on pulsejets and seems credible.

No comments:

Post a Comment